Thursday, February 18, 2010

Seattle, Rugby, Brotherhood

So after seeing a friends blog I figured its about time that I started back up with mine. So its been about 5 months since I moved here to Seattle from Washington DC. So far the weather has been great. The rain is nothing and the temp is very nice. I've had a few bumps with the move, one being that the job I was coming to move here for was canceled, so that was a rough time. But as always I found another job to help me get through.

Its with my old company Cost Plus World Market, so far its working out great. I love the people I work with, they are fun and laid back and willing to help me when I dont know what I am doing. The only part of the job that I dont care for is the early mornings after rugby practice.

So yes, I am playing rugby for the Seattle Quake. I started to practice with them back in Oct. or Nov. I dont really call which since it was about the same time I started working and was trying to get use to the early hours along with the longer days at work cause of the holiday season. So when I came back from my trip back to DC in Jan. I started attending practice's with it being my one of my main focus. We had our 1st game last Saturday and it was exciting to be apart of it. I got play more then I thought I would, which has been a major boost in my self esteem in the game. I am ready to practice more tonight and learn as much as I can before Saturdays game in OR.

The team has been great to me, back in Dec. we had a winter banquet, and all the rookies were called up to stage to be given their rookie drinking mugs to bring to every drink up. Since then I have grown attach to the team, and when I have missed practice I have been bored out of my mind with only thinking about what the team is doing. I feel as if I have finally found a brotherhood of people that I have been searching for awhile. Growing up as a only child has its benefits but it also does not allow you to really grow up with anyone. With the team I feel as with every practice and drink we are bonding together in more ways then I can explain.

So here is to Rugby,Brotherhood and Seattle for making my move here so much easier then I thought it would be.

No comments: