Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Out of State kids coming to DC to use our school?

(1st thing 1st I know we are not a state)

So as I am out front water the flowers and plants I am noticing alot of Maryland tag cars going to Emery ES and picking up kids. In the morning time I just thought it was teachers going in and parking cause I have not payed much attention to this. But now I am wondering, are parents lying to the District to have their kids go to school here so they can pick them up on the way home? Now I am pretty sure this is illegal, but its not really harming anyone is it?

Well I think that its wrong that we are paying for out of state kids coming to our schools. If the kids/parents live here in DC then this is a great chance for the city to make money off of cars that are illegaly tagged. I've noticed 6 cars with MD tag in just 10 mins. Just something to think about.

1 comment:

dcavocado said...

I pass by a couple of elementary schools on my way to work and I also noticed out of state cars dropping off kids at schools. Now I'm curious too!